PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 12 mins
TOTAL TIME: 17 mins
These banana pancakes are a perfect weekend breakfast! Light, fluffy, and flavorful. It’s super easy and a great alternative to the regular vegan oatmeal breakfast. Enjoy!
- 1 Over ripe banana (Very over ripe, I keep mine in the freezer)
- 1 3/4 cups white spelt flour (all purpose flour is also okay)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Baking powder
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Unsweetened coconut milk
- vegan buttery spread for the pan
- In a large bowl, mash the banana. Add the canola oil, vanilla, and coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Add the white spelt flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
- Place a tablespoon of vegan buttery spread in a large skillet, and heat over medium low heat.
- Once the pan is hot, spoon the batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes low and slow, it may take about 3-4 minutes on each side. Once the pancakes are done around the edges, flip them over. Cook for about 3 or 4 minutes more, then remove from pan.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes. Top with butter and syrup.